Anonymouslemming

Friday, July 20, 2007

Vicarious existence is a f$#!ing waste of time!

Ahhhhh.... another shit day in Africa.

Last night I was forcefully dragged from my hotel (after a mild earthquake earlier in the evening) to the office at around 23:00. By 03:00 I was back in my hotel with my first system live on an operator network.

I was woken at 07:00 by a baby screaming and lay dozing peacefully in a comfortable bed until the alarm kicked me out at 07:50. I had a nice soak in the tub, regained some sense of awakeness and headed down to breakfast.

There I was forced to eat a delicious warm breakfast including fried egg, 2 different kinds of sausage, heaps of bacon, creamed spinach (yes, on purpose!) and some kind of potato things. To wash all this down, I had two great cups of fresh Kenyan coffee all served by smiling, friendly people.

By 08:30, I was outside and there was Luke, waiting for me, even though I'd told him to be there at 09:00, but hey, what you gonna do?

I then had to suffer a 15 minute drive under steel gray skies, looking at the brightly painted buses and taxis, chatting to Luke and gazing out of the Nairobi National Park.

Yep - truly another shit day in Africa. However will I cope ?

2 Comments:

  • Creamed spinach for breakfast??!! Glad to see you are eating some vegetables ;-)

    By Anonymous Cheryl, at 8:23 am  

  • I wish I lived in Africa now

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home